How to Apply
You must either
1) be currently enrolled in an accredited graduate degree program, or
2) have already earned a graduate degree from an accredited degree program.
Students may be admitted to the Gerontology Certificate program with non degree status, but they must complete a graduate degree program prior to being awarded the Gerontology Certificate.
University of Akron
1. Complete application and email to email@example.com
2. Set up and complete interview with Director of the Institute for Life-Span Development &
Gerontology, Dr. Jennifer Stanley (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com)
3. If you are not currently enrolled in a graduate degree program at The University of Akron,
complete an application through the Graduate School. Select Gerontology Certificate. Pay $45
If you are already enrolled in a graduate degree program at The University of Akron, complete the
Gerontology Certificate Enrollment form with required signatures and submit to Deborah Phillip at
4. Once your application has been approved, you will be admitted to the Gerontology Certificate
program and you will see the program on your Degree Progress Report (DPR) as academic
Kent State University
1. Contact the Gerontology Certificate Program Coordinator, Dr. Greg Smith firstname.lastname@example.org or
330-672-9993 to create a Plan of Study for completing the Gerontology Certificate.
2. Apply to the Gerontology Certificate program through the Kent State University Application Portal.
Select Gerontology Certificate.
Pay the application fee of $15.
3. Once your application has been approved, you will be admitted to the Gerontology Certificate
program and you will see the program and your Plan in your Graduation Planning System (GPS).
Certificate completion is acknowledged by special notation on student transcripts.